- A Game of Thrones- Past 50%, I made it.Some news about GoT is bothering me. I read that the show may mix book four and five into the next season. I have only read book 3 which is why it annoys me. I do not want to rush through the books just to be ahead of the show to not get spoiled. I do not even have book five which makes it even more annoying. Game of Thrones is awesome right now. I do not know if I mentioned it before but if you are reading or read the first book check out this readalong: http://www.tor.com/blogs/2011/03/a-read-of-ice-and-fire-a-game-of-thrones-part-1
- Villette- The meh feelings are settling in. Jane Eyre is better so far. I may push this book back to read whenever. It would not be a good to say happy birthday Charlotte Bronte, oh, by the way Villette was… okay. I just feel that I am on the path to getting annoyed with this book so it is better to come back later. Why does every Bronte sister feel like writing about a governess? After Jane Eyre it is not all that interesting unless something different is happening. Overall, I just feel very underwhelmed.Put to the side until further notice.
- The Hunchback of Notre Dame- Past 50%. I read an article that said Quasimodo might have been a real person during Victor Hugo’s time! Also, I found this painting of the coronation of Emperor Napoleon which took place in the Notre Dame Cathedral randomly for school: http://www.wga.hu/art/d/david_j/4/405david.jpg
- Peter Pan ( audiobook) – I am thankful that I listened to the first chapter again. Peter Pan is worth the time and effort of going back. Oh my gosh,Tinkerbell is a potty mouth.
- The Complete Works of O.Henry[ The Poems]- I picked this book because it is poetry month. I started this book last year.It literally more than 1,600 pages. Of those 1,600+ pages I have read about 40 pages. So this book will take maybe a year or two to finish.
- Kissed by an Angel- I felt nothing after 19%. I will let this book go.Dumped
- My Sister’s Keeper- The only thing I feel is the writing is really questionable. I used the previews system to see if I should keep reading this book. I just have some minor doubts of is it enough to judge a book on. The preview for this book was 20 pages. I am hard pressed to find anything,something that makes me want to continue in the 20 pages. I feel that it is very similar to the movie so what is the point in me reading it. Overall, I felt no reason to continue.Dumped
- The Accidental Werewolf- BORING.There was such a struggle to get through the first chapter. I found myself asking why would the author start off her first chapter like this? Is this supposed to be funny? I am losing more faith in the entire (paranormal, fantasy, historical, etc.) romance genre. This chapter needed to be cut down a lot. I just find it a waste of time to continue. Dumped
- She’s Got the Look
Should I continue this series? Yes
Why? The romance feels like it could grow instead of insta-love or sex=love. The main character is unconventional. It just overall has potential.
- Game of Thrones Fever is back even stronger because of Season 3 premier. I have to control myself to not just skip to book four.
- April is Poetry Month
- Letting Go Early/On the “hook” books. I have been reading previews to books that are maybe 20 or so pages. I am wondering is that enough to judge a book on, 20 pages. I just do not feel or want to have to wait 100 or so pages for something to get good. I cannot just say that I am going to get meaner and harsher on my books then never do it. I hold on to books that do not deserve to be kept on my shelf. I put these books on the “hook”. Thinking, I do not exactly like you book right now. But in the future I will find a perfect time to like you. (Yes, How I Met Your Mother reference) It just is not the truth I will not like most of you in the future.
- Another truth that needs to be faced in my quest to deal with my reading consumption is really, seriously letting go of some genres. I have to stop completely buying young adult and romance books,seriously!
- I was doing an exposition into my reading and thinking up detailed ways to deal with my consumption. Then it hit me, keep it simple.
My Plan for Next Week: I will read my main reads for sure. Everyone of them is super awesome.