The Final List
One Hundred Years of Solitude- classic, magic realismDumped The Observations- historical fiction, mystery, gothicFinished Misfortune- historical fictionDavid Copperfield Finished Scandalous Countess- historical fiction, 18th centuryA Clash of Kings Nine Princes In Amber-sf, fantasyDumped The Vampire Lestat- paranormalShanghai Girls
- Louisa May Alcott and the Missing Heiress- mystery, historical fiction
Ginger Star- fantasy, sfThe Stand Girl Interrupted-nonfictionFinished Orphans of the Sky- sfDumped
- Phoenix Rising – sf,fantasy, mystery, steam punk
A Day No Pigs Will Die- ya, historical fiction, classicDumped Cabin Fever- humor, middle gradeFinished Tess of D’ubervilles- classicFinished No Safety In NumbersDumped Little Women and WerewolvesDumped
- The Winter Queen- hf
Between Two Queens- hfDumped
Missing AbbyDumped The Diamond AgeJasmine Nights The Mirror of Her DreamsDumped The Snow QueenSins of the Flesh Abraham Lincoln Vampire HunterIvanhoe Tempted All NightDumped HeresyDumped GraveminderDumped Schrodinger CatDumped She’s Got The LookDumped Little Women WerewolvesDumped IndigaraDumped
- The Lake
Ride the RiverDumped
- The Catcher In the Rye
The Phantom Bathtub– Dumped I realized that I read another book by the author that I did not like. The Green Hills of Earth Dumped I did not like Orphans of the Sky which is by the same author as this book. Stephen Donaldson other book Dumped I did not like mirror of her dreams and Thomas Covenant
The Illimantus Ring Dumped I did not like Shrodinger Cat
The Summer Country
- Secondhand Spirits
- Deeper Than Dead
- Sweet Silver Blues
- The Inn at Eagle Point
- Tempt Me with Darkness
- The New Kid
- Crimson City
I will be putting up a post going more in-depth about the entire experience of doing the book challenge. Basically, I was going into a big rant that felt like it would not fit here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBCw4_XgouA This goes for the entire challenge but it really came into my mind while being close to finishing David Copperfield.
A couple of things I said to my future self:
- Don’t Be afraid to dump books. I was not at 24 books.
- Don’t be afraid to put books down until later. I actually have not put any books down exactly. I think that I will stick to my list until all the books are finished or dumped.
- So this is a win for you either you can finish, dump, or make progress in a bunch of books. Reached the 29 books in this combination.
- Do not be afraid to take a day off. Taking a day off did not happen but I was familiar with taking the time to watch shows instead of reading all day.
- Do not force yourself or feel that you need to finish books. (Remember the 100 book challenges) You are not going to read 30 books in 30 days because you do not usually read 30 books in a month. Also, you dump about 30 books in a month. So do not stress yourself because you will not obtain this goal. I will probably read 7-8 books at the end of the challenge because for every 1 book I finish I dump 4. pretty much.
- Please, do not spend all day reading! Take a break play The Sims and watch your Asian shows. I did some of this. I need to find some really good Asian shows to marathon. So I cannot fall back on I have nothing to watch excuse.