I was recently found myself talking about The Hunchback of Notre Dame cartoon movie with someone. I started comparing the book to the movie. I felt so much excitement remembering reading this book. I think it is time now to do a review for this book.
“In the dark world of medieval Paris, the deformed bell-ringer of Notre Dame Cathedral heroically fights to save the life of a beautiful Gypsy girl about to be unjustly executed.”
- Three dimensional characters
- Lots of characters that have their own motivations
- Funny moments
- Crazy classic people moments
- So much happened. Stuff actually happens. The plot actually moves forward.
- The Ending. I am going to the honest when I first finished the book I was in between on the ending. Now, I feel that the ending fits the entire book.
- setting: Notre Dame Cathedral and France really shines
I feel that I am still under selling the book. I just really liked it a lot. There is one thing however that I did not like.
There are a couple of long boring chapters that do not move the story forward.
- I wanted the gargoyles to move like in the movie.
- Quasimodo might have been a real person. http://www.wga.hu/art/d/david_j/4/405david.jpg