1. Read a free romance book (this was started for legally free eBooks, but you can count anything gifted, borrowed, ARC, etc!)
2. Review it on your blog. If you can and it’s still available, share the link to the free book.
3. Link back here by using the code below.
4. Leave your link to the specific blog post (NOT your main site) in a comment here or on the recent week’s TF post.
5. Delight in reading reviews by real people who’s likes/dislikes you can compare to and thus find a romance you most likely will enjoy 😀
My Romance Reading History
I started reading romance books when I was in middle school. The earliest one I remember reading is Bertrice Small’s Philippa. It started my love for historical romance. Historical romance was my top pick to read but I did read contemporary, paranormal, and most of the other romance subgenres. Although, probably read more young adult romance than adult back in the day honestly.
The Fall Out & Expectations
While never completely severing ties my interest started to wane after a while because of this and the lack of inclusiveness that I felt in the genre back then. Now, there are more voices coming in with self-publishing which is very exciting. I hope that the romance I read can capture all the things I enjoyed and still show growth to deal with the things I did not. Also, I definitely need rule #1 in my life.