Looking at my goodreads 2017 ratio
47 books total
4 novels- does not bother me because novels are hard for me to finish
32 picture books- like wow
11 comics- usually my picture book and comics reading are neck and neck.
It just shows I have not been reading comics enough this year which is a problem. So I decided to do something that has been on my mind to do for a while. I am going to do a reading of 21 comics in 21 days to get myself back into comics.
Dates 4/15/17-5/6/17 (it is ending on Free Comic Book Day)
So I purged/finished some comics in time to get even more comics
- Physical copies- so there is a physical checklist of finishing/letting go of
- Like > Testing- gonna try to focus more on comics I know/think I will like. So no comics that I own that I have a huge feeling I will not like but want to read to get rid of.
- 21 Comics in 21 Days- I have not decided if I want to exclude volumes or not since I more than likely will only get single issues at free comic book day. If I count volumes then I have to think about if volumes count towards just 1 of 21 or more since they are multi-issues.
- Challenges are not concrete- so I can complete 1, 2, or none if it comes down to it. More than anything it is about having fun. Also, I might add more challenges if I think of something cool.
- Finish an entire series
- Pick a few from TBR Jar
- Get up to date on a series
I learned my lesson from my last (challenge? readathon? I don’t know) thingy Before You Buy More Books. I am not going to do a concrete TBR but I do have some books I want to read in mind. Since it is starting today and I have not read a single comic yet… I will get started on reading my first comic.