(This is synopsis is weird so I scratched out the not really important information)
SUPERMAN IS BACK – THE OFFICIAL MOVIE NOVELIZATION!
The film, from director Zack Snyder, stars Henry Cavill (The Tudors) as Superman/Clark Kent, three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (The Fighter) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (What’s Love Got to Do with It) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (Unfaithful) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (Dances with Wolves).
Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (Revolutionary Road), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Ayelet Zurer, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (Gladiator).
Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.
Man of Steel is being produced by Charles Roven, Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer and Nolan, based upon characters appearing in comic books published by DC Comics. Superman created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.
- Krypton~ (best part of the entire novel) most of Superman stories do not spend that much time here. Usually, the story starts five or ten minutes before Superman is being put into the ship to earth. So spending six chapters learning about krypton government, culture, and society really enriched the story.
- More insight into characters
- Analyzing the whole conflict between Zod and Superman/Jor-El
- suffers from flaws of the movie: they made superman all dark/superman manpaining/can we have superman just enjoy being a hero like Wonderwoman
- suffers from flaws because it is not a movie: scientists, military, and government mambo jumbo was boring
- boring for large part of the book
- Lois Lane
- The Destruction of Metropolis: reading the novel made me realize the destruction that Superman did with the entire fight of this movie (people talked about this a lot when the movie came out but I do not know why I could not see it). The destruction seemed like the sort that is extreme global catastrophe level but has not been delivered on (doubt it will be)
- Lois and Clark has zero chemistry
[featured image from https://favim.com/image/625255/ and the synopsis is from goodreads]